Renovating any property takes vision and nerve
Refurbishment finance that’s more than just a quick fix. It can often demand big upfront investment before a return can be expected, so short-term finance is essential to get boots on-site, or keep them there. We have a unique ‘computer says YES’ mindset.
At Roma Finance, we do refurbishment finance a bit differently. We have light, medium and heavy refurbishment and the difference between them is based purely on how much is being spent on the refurbishment compared to the Current Market Value (CMV).
Light Refurbishment – spend of between 20% – 50% of the CMV on works
Medium Refurbishment – spend of between 50% – 100% of the CMV on works
Heavy Refurbishment – spend of over 100% of the CMV on works
We can consider a variety of property types, constructions, credit profiles, and income sources. And we offer both first and second charge bridging loans — we really do #LovetoLend.
- Light, medium and heavy refurbishment solutions
- Loans from £75,000 to £3 million
- No exit fees
- Manual underwriting – every case considered individually
- Quick decisions, speedy completions
- Clear communication throughout the life of your finance
For the ‘Borrower First’ experience. Because every application is different.
At Roma Finance we understand that every property transaction is unique. That’s why we put flexibility and service at the forefront of everything we do. Tell us what kind of finance you need and we’ll find a way to make it happen.
- Fast: most bridging cases completed within 28 days
- Flexible: lending for every property type
- Simple: we have reinvented and streamlined the legal and underwriting process
- Trusted: we value integrity, and customers keep coming back
Got a question?
A refurbishment loan is a type of bridging loan, a secured borrowing available for developers and landlords looking to improve a property before selling or renting out. The finance is essentially to cover the costs of property refurbishment.
The definitions for light medium and heavy refurbishment are different for each lender. The nature of the requirements will determine which option is most appropriate. At Roma, our guidelines are as follows:
- Light – Cost of Works are 20%-50% of Current Market Value
- Medium – Cost of Works are 50%-100% of Current Market Value
- Heavy – Cost of Works are over 100% of Current Market Value
Just a few of our recent successes
Need something different?
View our full criteria guide to see if we can assist you with your upcoming bridging and development cases.
Bridging loans for standard residential properties. From £75,000 to £3 million with competitive rates and rapid, comprehensive response. Available across England, Scotland and Wales.
Auctions demand decisive action, and we're ready to arrange short-term finance in advance. This allows you to bid with confidence anywhere in England, Scotland and Wales.
Commercial, semi-commercial and mixed use developments and projects. We get building started, bridge funding gaps, fix broken chains and keep deals moving.
Refurbishment, part-built or newbuild, we have the funding available to get that residential project off the ground, with open-minded flexible decision making.